Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Memories | Scrap the Girls

Hello! It's that wonderful time of the year when we get to start sharing Christmas theme creations! Todays post is for Scrap the Girls and the awesome new Mood Board that was shared yesterday.


Heres a look at what I've created, looking back at 3 years of Christmas Memories - the first 3 special years of Christmas for Leila. 


The main part of the board that I was drawn to would be the rustic looking advent calendar top right. I've replicated this look by creating something similar using 3 strands of textured twine on a woodgrain pattern paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and pegged multiple photos together with some pattern papers by Heidi Swapp and my favourite mini lace doilies. I've hidden the journalling behind the 2 lots of grouped photos and embellished with items from the D-lish Scraps store that worked with the kraft, white, black, gold & pops of red theme I was creating.

The first photo top left is from Leila's very first Christmas at only 16 days old. There was a lot of sleeping, and loads of cuddles for everyone this christmas, so special.

To create this corner I've used some pattern paper, and a couple of kraft journal its from D-lish Scraps  to create mixed layers under the photo, then embellished with some creative cuts, mini lace doily, faceted enamel dots, wood buttons and a peg that are also from D-lish Scraps.

Over on the right I've used a couple of photos from Leila's second Christmas, one including my Grandma/Leila's Great Grandma. This was the first year that Leila was able to enjoy the festivities we were part of, and she most definitely took centre stage in her super cute little baby Santa suit.  

I layered the 2 photos with some more of the red and black pattern papers a lace doily and a creative cut script word from D-lish on top. I also tucked some hidden journalling in with a creative cut underneath that can easily be pulled out to read, and pegged a kraft journal it to the top.

Here's a close up of the journalling about this year, and of the small title I created at the bottom of the layout.

The third area of the layout includes 2 photos from Leila's 3rd Christmas, the year Leila recognised Santa and was not so happy to see him. I've repeated the same items from the other 2 areas of the layout, but using them in a different way. This time the journalling is hidden within a card behind the photo of Leila and I. 

This was the year Leila really enjoyed, apart from Santa lol I added another creative cut to this section that can only be seen in full when the journal card is open.

We've come to the end of the post, thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope this layout has inspired you in some way, and that you are able to find some time within this crazy busy month to pay along with us all. Be sure to head over to the main Scrap the Girls post to see what the remainder of the team have created, and to upload your own personal creations. 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x