Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hilariously You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello Hello! I'm back today with my newest layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the beautiful Bohemian Dream collection. By far my favourite collection of all time, which I'm sure I've already mentioned it before, but heck I'd shout it from the roof tops if I could HAHA

If you weren't already aware, this collection is FINALLY available In Store NOW! You can find all of the YUMMY goodness right HERE.. Run, don't walk lol



For this layout I just went with the flow of creating, no actual plan in mind other than a gigantic cluster of some description that was full of florals... I chose a hilarious photo of Leila from a few months back when she decided to help her Dad outside with the gardening. Who knew a Tutu was the newest gardening essential? Too funny!



I centred the photo in the top half of the page and worked my clusters around this, along a diagonal line. I've used a piece of Kaleidoscope paper (B side) under the photo along with pieces of the Boho Bits paper in both the 12x12 and 6x6 size to add some extra layers.



To the right of the photo I created a larger cluster with pieces in the ephemera pack. I also added in a couple of enamel dots and shapes, a flair button (one of my favourite sentiments we say to Leila all the time), a bird sticker from the accessory sticker sheet and a sneaky little stamp underneath. I'm not a stamper or a media expert, but I try lol

To give the cluster some dimension and shadowing, I've used a few different types of foam tape and sticky dots to raise and layer them up. I use this technique (if you could call it that) with all the clusters I create on each layout as I find it gives the pages a 3d feel to them, and makes things pop rather than keeping everything flat.



To the left of the layout I've added the next cluster, which is usually the smaller of the 2 large ones. I tend to create a layout with at least 3 groups of embellishments, forming a visual triangle of sorts. This helps draw the eyes attention into the photo without distracting too much.
In the cluster above I've used more floral pieces from the Ephemera pack, a few stickers from the accessory sheet and a sprinkling of enamel dots to finish it off...



Rather than leaving the top corner of the layout bare, I've added a couple of banner/flag pieces and an arrow that I cut down to match. All three pieces can be found in the Ephemera pack.



To create the title I've used some alpha stickers from the Totally Rad collection. To lighten these up I added a coat of white gesso to the tops before adhering to the layout.

Here's a look at the colour difference before and after the gesso was used



I then added the 'you' from the chipboard words set in the Bohemian Dream collection and watercolored the bottom half. I used some of the remaining liquid to splatter around the page, and messed it up in places that was difficult to fix without ripping the paper. Whoops!



Lastly I added a few strips of paper (Boho Bits & Gypsy Heart) to the bottom of the layout, along with more florals, a label sticker with another stamp and a sentiment strip from the Boho Bits paper. The purple strip is from the 6x6 version of the Beautiful Mess paper.

Well thats all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed this new creation and that it has inspired you in some way. Be sure to check out the store and snap up all of this stunning collection before everyone else does!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x