Saturday, September 23, 2017

You COLOUR my world | D-lish Scraps

Hello Hello! I'm back with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps inspired by the current Over the Rainbow Inspiration board. For this creation I've used this months Just add paper kit and a bunch of paper punches I have neglected for so long. I've been inspired by so many pages in the last few months that have used this technique so I thought I'd give it a try. 


I had the perfect photo ready for this layout, one of Leila from a couple years back that I'd recently re edited using a fun app on my phone called Color Pop. The app allows you to create a black and white photo with parts in full colour. So fun! 


The colours of Leila's dress are the best mix of Rainbow, which are perfect for using with this months Just add paper kit. The selection of goodies this month is full of pretty pops of colours that perfectly compliment each other in every way possible. 

Heres a look at the full kit if you haven't seen it at all this month...


Quite a few of my favourite items within this kit - journal its, a sequin bow, paper flowers, flair buttons, an awesome yellow tag, some fun washi tape and more!


I left the large wood veneer raw as I felt it would blend into the background if it was any other colour.  You can also see a close up of a few punched designs Ive used to create the strips along the background. I fussy cut the yellow label from the journal its pack and tucked it into the strips. I've also adhered the glitter heart to the layout using foam tape as the back is slightly curved and wouldn't hold using regular tacky glue.


To the right of the photo I created a cluster using the Sequin bow, 2 of the paper flowers, a flair button, flower button and some of the pretty faceted enamel dots from the store


I've added a couple of lines of journalling under the strips, something I'm really enjoying seeing on my layouts more since my typewriter stopped working.


Lastly I felt the top of the layout needed a little colour so I created a cluster to balance it all out. I;ve used a journal it from the kit, some remnants of the strips from the centre of the layout, a tiny strip of washi tape, a button and more of those pretty faceted enamel dots. 

Well thats all from me today, I hope this has given you inspiration on how to get use from this months Just Add Paper kit. Please be sure to share your creations made with D-lish Scraps goodies via our Facebook group The Scrap Suite, we love seeing what you all make 😍

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x