Sunday, June 11, 2017

Star of the Week | Cocoa Vanilla Studio



Hello fellow Scrappers, I'm back here today with a new layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the awesome You Rock collection. This week on the Cocoa Vanilla blog we are focusing on scrap lifting and I've challenged myself to scrap a layout Inspired by Missy. Now I'm no mixed media extraordinaire, so I've done my best by choosing products Inspired by her style to recreate the layout made. 

Here's the layout I've created, celebrating a new milestone for Leila at school - being awarded Star of the Week!!



Which was inspired by this creation by Missy...


I've followed along with a similar design concept by using a massive text cut file backed with pattern papers as the centrepiece of the layout. The cut file I've used is from The Cut Shoppe and is perfect for welding together to create large Titles. I've backed the entire piece with foam tape to create some dimension.

I've used stars in place of flowers to keep with the star theme of the layout, and created clusters with the addition of some wood veneer and ephemera pieces


I've also used 2 photos backed with some tissue paper and some messy thread in multiple places, both a regular addition to Missy's amazing work. 


The main thing I didn't try to recreate was the watercolored background, as they just never seem to work for me without major warping of the paper lol. Instead I've chosen the Experimental pattern paper as it had a similar feel, and splattered it with some black ink.


I kept one of the letters open and placed some cut stars from the Starshine paper under and above for something different and added a Rubber Charms below as the perfect finishing touch to this side of the layout.


I typed my journalling as I didn't trust myself enough to write on the background. I always fear I'm going to make a major boo boo and have to re-do the whole page again. I thought the white cardstock it was typed on would break up and fill up that dark/empty space.


For this last cluster I've layered together pieces from the Die cut Ephemera pack along with a sticker and more of that fun messy thread, plus a wood veneer star and enamel dot.

That's all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope my layout for Scrap Lift week has inspired you in some way. 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x