Thursday, May 25, 2017

You Rock | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi Everyone! I'm back today with a new layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the brilliant new YOU ROCK collection! The colours within this collection are similar to the school colours Leila wears, so I felt it was a great way to document her first school photo.



I was really inspired by the many horizontal stripe patterns on the 'Stripped' paper and wanted to make them a main feature on the page. I've chosen the patterns that best represent the colours of Leila's school, while ensuring the more Boy themed and vertical text patterns were left out. I also added in a strip of the 'Random' and 'Starshine' papers to bulk it up a little more. Under all of the strips Ive used a piece of the 'Night Sky' paper. The B side of the paper has a really cool notepaper pattern that I was able to crop down and punch the edges to replicate a piece torn from a school book. I've sewed along the left edge to adhere to the page, then added the pattern strips to the middle of the layout randomly and sewed them down as well.



Next I adhered the photo to a piece of the 'Night Sky' paper, and tucked in a pattern strip from the 'Stripped' paper, plus a sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet. The 'Loved to the moon & Back' and the 'One of a Kind' pieces are from a card on the 'Random' pattern paper that I cut into



I've used the YOU ROCK wood veneer piece for the title, and popped it off the page using some foam tape, and then added a die cut & chipboard star along with some stickers to create a cluster of sorts.



I repeated the star theme across the page by using more of the chipboard and die cut pieces, and added the wood veneer stars and crosses to balance out the large piece in the middle of the page. Here's some close ups..





I also tucked in some labels from the 'Random' cut apart paper to add a place for the date and a quick note about the photo.



Then lastly a few splatters of black ink, which thankfully didn't go everywhere. You never know how or where its going to fall until it happens lol

Thats all from me today, I hope this layout has given you some form of inspiration for scrapping those School photos, or even for using this Boy themed collection for a Girls layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x