Monday, April 24, 2017

XOXO | D-lish Scraps

Hello Everyone! I'm back today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps featuring a few of the new products in store now, and some super cute photos of Leila and her new toothless smile.. I will admit, it almost ended in an epic color shine explosion fail, but I saved it as best I could without having to redo the entire layout.

I kept the background pretty simple (until the colorshine exploded) by using a mint & silver dot paper along with some white cardstock and machine stitching. I then placed 3 of the scribble circles from our new Creative Cuts sets, and sewed and stapled onto the background to create a base for all my clusters. Next I added the photos with some pink pattern paper, and layered with some foam sheet for dimension. And lastly I worked on all the clusters and title before splattering the gold color shine and almost ruining the page. I ended up patching the layout top and bottom with clean cardstock then lightly splattering again with more colorshine.

Here's some close ups 

I kept the clusters pretty simple using some of the sweet new Little Birdie Watercolour Flowers, a D-lish Flair button, my favourite Forget-Me-Not flowersJournal It circles, Resin Glitter dots and some ombre wordfetti

I've added a sweet little Pick n place bow to this cluster but didn't repeat the Journal It or Wordfetti as I felt that it would distract the eye from the title. I did repeat the purple colour by using an enamel dot. To make the XOXO Creative Cut title stand out a little more, I've added a little detail with a black sharpie pen, then gave it some dimension with some foam tape. 

Many photos taken this morning, and not so many of them contain one where you can actually see the missing tooth (bottom row in the front) However loads of sweet photos like these happened..

The last cluster is a repetition of the first, just using a longer ombre wordfetti strip, and different designs of the Journal It and Flair button. I also added a new Butterfly Creative cut to the top of the scribble circle to fill in some blank space.

Lastly a little banner made from some Ombre wordfetti and an older arrow journal it, both fishtailed and stapled onto the page. Then came the gold explosion which I mentioned earlier lol

I think it turned out ok in the end. What do you think? I hope its given you an idea on how to fix something without having to start all over again. But tell me, what do you do to fix ink explosions? Leave a comment below letting me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Until Next time, Happy Scrapping.
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x