Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Easter 2016 | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi Everyone! I'm back today with a new layout creation for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring my most favourite collection - Make a Wish. With Easter just around the corner, I thought what better time than now, to scrap some photos from last year. The bright cheerful colours and designs within this collection work perfectly for any Easter/Spring inspired creating.


I've chosen a couple of sweet photos of Leila hunting for her treasures last easter, the first we celebrated in our new house. She had so much fun running around the house collecting eggs in her basket. Can't wait to do it all again this coming weekend!

For the background of the layout I've used the B side of Party Mix paper plus a ripped piece of Daydream (B side) at the bottom, I wanted to keep it as soft and simple as I could (without being too plain) as I knew the photos would stand out quite a lot. Next I built up the photos with layers of patterns from Daydream and the B sides of Hip Hip Hooray & Party Dots. I felt the colours in these papers suited the photos best without clashing. Normally I would use B&W photos when there's too much colour, but I wanted to keep these as is.


I've also added some messy stitching around the large pattern paper, and within the messy torn edges of the photo stack for a little added detail.


Once I was happy with the background and photo placement I worked on the clusters, starting with the cut files from the Colour Me Happy set. The florals in this set are stunning, and perfect for layering together. I've used a mix of pattern papers to back the files, mostly the Fresh cutDaydream and Hip Hip Hooray papers. I only adhered the leaves with glue, and kept the main flower piece loose for a little dimension using my tiny attacher.


To finish the clusters I've used a mix of die cuts from the Ephemera pack, some cut aparts from the Party mix paper, a flair button some chipboard and accessory stickers plus a sprinkling of enamel dots.




How sweet is that little bunny! Perfect for an easter layout. I've fussy cut him/her out from a card on the Party mix paper. SO cute!  I've also added a little typed journalling to finish the layout completely.



That's all from me today, I hope this has inspired you to create something special with those fun easter memories! Be sure to share your creations with us in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community Facebook group, or even tag us on Instagram!

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x