Wednesday, March 1, 2017

32 | Scrap The Girls


Hi Everyone! The start to the new month means theres a new challenge ready for you on the Scrap The Girls blog! This month is a challenge perfect for those who love a good selfie ;)


Not something I enjoy doing very much lol more often than not I'd prefer taking endless amounts of photos of Leila - She's way more photogenic. Anyways... Here's what I came up with using the beautiful Make a Wish collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio

As documented in the journalling, the photo I've chosen was one of many selfies taken in early January. I'd just been given the news I'd made a new Design team and was in need of new headshot to be used in badges. And this photo seemed to be the only half decent one out of them all. 

I've used this same cut file from Cocoa Vanilla Studio on a recent layout, and liked the finished look so I had to use it again. A perfect addition of floral detail when one is running short of florals that come in the ephemera packs.

I've tucked in the numbers 3 & 2 to the side of the photo as a mini title, as that would be the age I turned on my last birthday.. I think lol

To balance the layout Ive added more die cut ephemera pieces to the top right, to form a diagonal design with the other side of the layout. I've also scattered a few of my favourite mini glitter dots around both the top and bottom clusters


Lastly my typed journalling, and a close up of the layers under the photo. I kept this simple as the cut file and ephemera pieces, along with the backing strip, were quite busy.

I hope this has given you some inspiration to scrap yourself, even if you feel silly taking the photos. Its worth having YOU in your albums too!

Be sure to stop by the Scrap the Girls blog to see what the rest of the team created for this challenge, and to share your creations with us! Until Next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x