Sunday, January 1, 2017

Amazing Cheeky | Scrap The Girls

Happy New Year Everyone!! 
Today not only marks the start of a new challenge month for Scrap The Girls, but also the last for the current team of Designers. I've loved my time on the Design Team, and can't wait to see what the new team Inspires us with. 

This Months challenge is another Mood board, one which challenged me completely! 
The colour palette is quite a stunning combination, however after searching my entire stash, it seemed to be a combination that I was going to have a hard time replicating. So rather than use in as displayed I took inspiration from it to create this..


I chose papers and die cut ephemera from the Moonstruck collection by Pink Paislee to create the layout as it has very similar colours with the dark blue hues, darker pinks (rather than the plum and reds) and gold. I also chose a mint pattern that a hand drawn design similar to that of henna work. 


2 super cute photos of an almost 3 year old Leila.. Cheesy smiles began really early with this one HAHA


I love ephemera pieces! They're perfect for gathering together within layers to fill a void on the page


They also work perfect for adding a fun title to the page,


and grouping in smaller clusters to finish the page off and to balance it out.

I hope this has been a splash of inspiration to kickstart your creative year! Be sure to check out the Scrap The girls blog for all the other team members creations, and to link up your work for us all to see. There's a fantastic prize available for one lucky winner this month too!

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
Until next post, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x