Saturday, November 26, 2016

Spread Your Wings | Anna's Craft Cupboard

Hi Everyone! I'm so honoured to be sharing my first layout as a Guest Designer for Anna's Craft Cupboard! A fantastic crafty business located over in Western Australia.

I was super excited to hear that I would be creating with the new Pink Paislee collection 'Moonstruck', an absolutely stunning collection with so many beautiful designs. Big florals, soft pastels, watercolours and butterflies, this collection has all of my favourites. 

It's even more beautiful in person, that I had such a hard time cutting into it. But I'm really happy that I did, as the layouts I've created with it have become some of my very favourites.

Here's a look at the very first layout I created..


Really happy with how this came together as I generally tend to steer away from pattern paper backgrounds. But, this paper with its watercolour effect had the right mix of softness that it didn't detract from the entire layout. I went with a diagonal design, which I am quite drawn to recently, as it gives the page balance while drawing the eye across the page.

I added a couple of little details before starting the actual page by machine stitching around the edges and also adding some Gold smudged dots with the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. These are in random spots using the end of a crochet hook I keep on my desk. This is about as messy as I generally get with any form of mixed media product these days, as I can never seem to keep the paper from warping lol 


I've layered a few different pattern papers with torn edges under the photo, then raised them up off the page with foam to create a little dimension on the page. I've also included a doily from my stash.


For this layout I tried to keep the embellishing to a minimum as I didn't want to use everything at once and have nothing left for the other creations. However, I was able to stretch the embellishments given as far as I could, by creating my own from the rub ons in the collection, and fussy cutting designs from other papers. 


The Moonstruck collection features quite a lot of butterfly designs, so I was able to mix in a Cut File that I had sitting in my pre cuts box. This one is from The Cut Shoppe and can be found HERE 


Lastly I created a large title using Puffy alphabet stickers from my stash, and worked them into the bottom cluster made from die cuts, rub ons and stickers from the Moonstruck collection. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you're interested in snapping up some of this beautiful collection, the list of products used for this layout can be found below. 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

PS. Here's a sneak peek at layout number two that will be shared with you all very soon..


PRODUCTS USED

Other: Doily, Puffy Alphabet Stickers, Cut File, Cardstock & Vellum
Photo credit for Main layout : Sara Taylor Photography over here in Geelong, Victoria.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x