Thursday, September 8, 2016

Big Brother | Masters Challenge 8 - Kaisercraft

Hi Everyone! I thought It was time that I shared another Masters layout with you all.
This was made for the Kaisercraft challenge in Issue 19.04 and features their Always & Forever Collection. 



The collection is full of florals and wedding themed designs, with a colour palette I wouldn't generally scrap with. And, as I'm not married and have no wedding photographs to suit the theme, I found it quite a tricky collection to work with. To that I could get a better feel for what I could create, I ended up removing all the wedding related items from the pack. This made it a little easier to work with.

I chose a photo of Leila, when she was only a few days old, being held by my Nephew Bailey. He was so very cute, and kept calling her his 'sister'. I originally had this layout complete without the woodgrain paper. However I felt there was too much white and roses, and it didn't look complete. I'm super happy with how it turned out, even though I still feel I didn't use the collection to its full potential.

Here's some close ups..

I've layered stickers and die cut shapes from the collection to create a large cluster along the middle of the page, then used a quote strip right along the middle, rather than a large title.

There were some wood veneers within this collection that I was able to glitz up with glitter paste. This added an extra texture to the page, and also some hints of sparkle


Lastly I finished the layout off with some typed journalling and some enamel shapes.

That's all from me today.
Until next time,
Happy Scrapping
Michelle x


Collection - Always and Forever
Products used - Sticker sheet, Collectables pack, Wedding veneer pack, 12x12 papers, Epoxy shape stickers
Other Products used - American Crafts cardstock & vellum, D-lish Scraps doily, staples, foam tape, typewriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x