Thursday, August 11, 2016

Elephant Wall Art | The Cut Shoppe

Hi Everyone!
Today I'm here to share something for The Cut Shoppe thats a little different to the usual Scrapbook layout or card.  I really wanted to share another way that you can make use of Cut Files and your creative skills.  So when Ashley shared the Hul-la-ba-zoo Cut file collection I knew exactly what I was using for this project.


The recipient of this framed wall art loves Elephants, and I had been searching for something similar to this design for quite some time. I was super excited to see it being released!

I wanted to keep the art free of any distracting embellishments so I've kept it very simple and only used the Elephant design and her name. 

The entire artwork has been hand stitched with a variety of pink embroidery threads to create an ombre effect. Many nights on the couch stitching in front of the TV = a beautiful handmade gift 




To create a stitching template I enlarged the cut file in my silhouette studio to the size preferred, then selected the 'perforate' option in the Cut settings
This made it easier to hand stitch the design on the cardstock using a simple backstitch

To finish off the frame I've hand stitched her name using the darker pink thread. To do this I wrote her name on some transparent baking paper and poked holes evenly along the lines

Thats all from me today, thanks for stopping by
I will have more to share in a few days
Until then, Happy Crafting!
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x