Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Cherish Forever & Ever | Masters Challenge 6 - Scrap FX

Hello Hello!
Sorry it's been a little while between posts, I've not had a chance to create anything the last few weeks. Life has been a little crazy!

Today I thought I would share another Masters creation for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. This was for the Scrap FX challenge 


We were sent a generous amount of items to create something wonderful. I combined this with some pretty products from the Free Spirit collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Here's a closer look at what I created..

I chose to document a fun moment of Leila and her teddy bear playing Princess and the King. So much imaginative play happening at this age. I love it!

I tried to layer in as many elements from the challenge pack as possible, while keeping true to my style. I don't generally use a lot of chipboard items, so my techniques in altering things are kept quite simple. 

I altered the 'Doodad's with white gesso and silver glitter paste, then cut them in half and placed them either side of the page. The Native Flora frame has been covered in white gesso with a hint of shimmery sparkle, and the film strip transparency worked well with one from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio ephemera pack..

I really wanted to try something a little different for the feather, and because it takes months for fun new products to turn up on Aussie soil, I experimented. I wanted to MINC the chipboard by using a MINC toner pen and some co-ordinating foil to match the other products I was using. First I coated the chipboard in gesso so that the toner didn't soak in, then I did 2 coats of the toner pen. Wait to dry between coats then run through the MINC with your chosen foil colour. It turned out pretty awesome. 

I've used the flourish stamp under a mini cluster, made up of one of the Cherish words and a sprinkling of Cocoa Vanilla Studio items..

I tried to keep embellishments to a minimum so that the Chipboard pieces had a chance to stand out, so the last few finishing touches were made with some enamel dots and gold color shine splatters..

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to check back soon for more scrappy fun!

Bye for now
Michelle x

Products Supplied - Native Flora frame, Filmstrip transparency, Flourish stamp, Cherish words, Blooming feather, Doodad A

Other Products used - Cocoa Vanilla Studio Free Spirit Collection: Papers, Woodies, Enamel Shapes, Blooms, Die cut ephemera, Accessory Stickers. White cardstock, Vellum, MINC & Toner Pen, Bo Bunny glitter paste, Color shine, Ink



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x