Thursday, April 21, 2016

Hello Little Miss Attitude | Hip Kit Club

Hey Everyone!! Another super quick share from me today using the March kits from Hip Kit Club

I followed along with their weekly challenge within the Members Forum Facebook group. This week was a recipe challenge. The criteria was to create a layout using at least 4 of the following 6 "recipe" suggestions: 

1. Two or more wood veneers
2. Stripes
3. Patterned Paper behind your photo
4. Some type of Mixed Media
5. One photo
6. Embellishment cluster



I'm really happy with what I've created and I think I've covered 4 of the 6 criteria: 2 veneer hearts, Blue arrow stripe paper, Pattern paper behind photos, and an embellishment cluster.


I started with a cut file from the February downloads and backed it with the exclusive paper designed by Kim Watson. Rather than machine stitching, I changed things up and stitched by hand. Once complete I raised the entire speech bubble up with some fun foam.


I really loved both sides of the blue arrow stripe paper. I tried so hard to make the starburst side work on a layout, but it was too busy to use with the speech bubble. 

I mixed up the alphas from the kits, and added in another from my stash to finish off the title

And lastly I combined multiple die cuts, veneer and puffy stickers to create a cluster at the bottom of the page

Thanks for stopping by, more to share again soon!
Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x