Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#happydays.. with D-lish Scraps

Hello Everyone!
Where has this year gone??
Today Im sharing a new layout based on the newest Inspiration Board over on the D-lish Scraps blog

Such a fun mix of pretty pastels, florals and confetti
I've taken my main inspiration from the Ice-cream photo, confetti pieces and the florals within the board.

Love how this has turned out. Im slowly making my way back through older photos of Leila that are not yet documented. This one taken from a photoshoot when she was 10 months old. She was not quite walking, confidently standing, but still a little wobbly. Only moments before the photo was taken, she had fallen over and scratched her little nose, but picked herself back up and started posing for more photos lol

I've used the sketch provided on the board, and turned it clockwise to the right. Rather than using paper or my usual paper bag as the main layer across the page, I've used a mask from my stash and some coloured texture paste. Once dry, I layered up some papers, a vellum bag and some of the new Wide punchinella in yellow, along with one of my favourite Doilies


Handy tip: To make the colours stand out on the chipboard pieces, paint them with some white acrylic paint, or even Gesso, before smudging gelatos over them using your hands. I've blended 2 pinks and a yellow on the #happydays piece to give it an ombre look. Flowers chosen to embellish are my most favourites from the D-lish store - pastel petals and some new Carnations 

Love these new Page Pebbles from Dusty Attic, so much fun to colour to suit the theme of the page. 
I've 'scattered' them top and bottom of the page, to replicate the confetti on the board. I could have gone crazy with them! And Hello!! How cool are those skinny washi tapes!!!!


Lastly Ive added in a minifetti strip and journal it tab to the right of the photo, then some random enamel shapes and dots to finish the page off.

Thanks for stopping by today
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on this months board, and that you will share your creations with us on the D-lish Scraps blog.

Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x