Thursday, July 2, 2015

Lets go on an adventure...

Hello Everyone! 
Today Im sharing my first layout for the month with D-lish Scraps

This layout was made for the current D-lish Scraps Inspiration board. I wanted to show that you can definitely use the colour scheme for non masculine layouts. 

I struggled a little with the navy colour as at first I thought it was black. By the time I realised it was actually Navy it was a little late, but I still rolled with it  

Ive based the layout on the sketch, which I flipped around to the right. I started the layout with a white cardstock base, and some My Minds Eye pattern paper. I swapped out the viewfinders on the Board for pretty doilies as they're the same shape. Using some whipped spackle and a mask similar to THIS ONE. Ive added stars to the top left and bottom right of the papers, then splattered with Navy colour shine and sprinkled with wood veneer stars.

To build up the photo stack, Ive used a 5x7 bag, cut down and overlapped the pieces together to make a smaller rectangle. Then Ive layered a bitty bag on top of a Vellum bag from personal stash. I popped a tag from stash inside the bag for journalling about the photo.

I tried to keep the embellishments to a minimum, some Journal It's from a monochrome pack, a word strip from a wordfetti pack. Banner flags cut from other Bitty bags layered on top of a doily. I made my own 'flair' using a wordfetti strip and pieces of Bitty bag and an Epoxy Resin seal. 2 resin pieces and a Sequin bow make up the last of the cluster.

Lastly I tackled the title with some mixed alphas from stash, and a simple Freckled fawn arrow clip. 

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x