Friday, October 10, 2014

Scrappy Canary July Cyber Crop

Good morning fellow scrappers!!
A few months back.. July to be exact The Scrappy Canary had an awesome Cyber crop! 
I thought I should finally share my creations
(yes its been that long since this post has been sitting in draft form so hopefully I can remember what each challenge was lol)
As there are a few I won't go through them all in detail, if you want to clarify anything please do so in the comments :)

Challenge #1 was a sketch, set by Manda
I flipped it to the side and came up with this using some left over embellishments from a previous 'Polly Scrap Kits' Embellishment kit
Challenge #2 - Kate's Colour Challenge
I stuck with mainly blues and yellow, with a pop of green at the bottom of the photo. 
Using a recycled background that I didnt think would work for anything.

Challenge #3 - Step outside your comfort zone - set by Lauren
This was lots of fun! I scrap lifted a layout made by Paige Evans for Studio Calico for this one.
Lots of strips of patterned paper all weaved together then sewed to the page. So much fun!

Challenge #4 - Linda's Tic Tac Toe..
I went a little crazy with this one, ticking off each and every single box!
It did WIN me a prize pack WOO HOO!!

Challenge #5 - Ruth's Mood Board challenge
This one came straight to me the minute I saw those ruffles!
I had a ruffled paper from a previous Dear Lizzy collection that I sprayed with a tie dye spray mist. It went a perfect shade of mint. I wanted to keep it simple with just a couple of extra layers under the photo and a splattering of matching sequins and ombre alpha thickers

Last up is
Challenge #6 - Carol's journalling challenge
This was a tricky layout! The lyrics came easy, You've got the love is one of my most favourite songs. I sketched them onto my page using my silhouette and a silver sketch pen.. The hardest part was finding the right photo to work with the lyrics.. None of my more recent photos seemed to fit 'right' so I went searching back further into photos pre-Leila and I happened to come across just the right one.. Taken by Mum before I was heading out to a work xmas party. Taken at a time when I thought no one was ever going to love me like I had loved them lol If only I knew then what I know now.. That love will find you when the time is right :) sappy sappy sappy
Heres the layout :)
Finished off with some gold glitter heart vellum, part of my favourite doily and minimal embellishing..

Thanks for stopping by xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x