Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Inspired by Paige

Hello crafty friends!

Today Im sharing 2 layouts that have been inspired by the very talented Paige Evans. The Queen of paper piecing! I have been wanting to try this technique out for awhile now, but didnt really want to mess it up too much.

Funnily enough, both layouts document birthdays. One for me and one for Leila..

First up a layout for my 30th birthday. The 3 of us don't have a lot of photos together as 1 of us is usually taking the photo, so I knew this needed to be documented in some way.
I cut up a bunch of papers from a 4x6 paper pad made by Studio Calico, then arranged them onto some white cardstock. Ive sewed through all squares diagonally, then roughed up a few edges. Once I was happy, I layered that on top of some gold spot vellum and more white cardstock. Then worked some magic with doilies and embellishments from D-Lish Scraps, added a few more stitched lines and some October Afternoon Alpha stickers and called it done.

Next up is a page documenting Leila's 3rd Birthday. I quickly grabbed a recent A Piece of Cake Designs cupcake kit for this one as the colours within the papers worked well with the photos.
This time I cut all the papers into strips and layed them down in random places, mixed with a few tags also found in the kit. Once I was happy with how it was layed out, I sewed straight lines along top and bottom of each row. I skipped over the tags for something different. I used a gold glitter patterned vellum to matt the photo and a doily for the other photos. A sprinkling of embellishments, a sparkly thicker title and another memory recorded!

Thanks for reading, more to share in a few days x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x